RL debuts new Root Cause and Peer Review modules, as well as advanced dashboard functionality.
Demos at booth 401 will include new Root Cause and Peer Review modules, as well as advanced dashboard functionality.
AUSTIN, TX, Oct. 29, 2013—RL Solutions, creators of innovative and easy-to-use healthcare quality and safety software, announced today the availability of RL6:PeerReview and RL6:RootCause, the latest modules in its RL6 patient safety software suite. With RL6:PeerReview, RL Solutions will help healthcare organizations that want to promote a culture of safety while fulfilling a key component of their physician credentialing process. As well, hospitals that want to make improvements that translate into improved patient safety and outcomes—and cost savings—will benefit from RL6:RootCause, which helps identify the root causes of incidents.
With RL6:PeerReview, hospitals can manage their peer review process electronically, storing all their peer review data in RL6. That means they can distribute sensitive files, send review invitations and notifications, and document the results in one convenient, secure system.
"The best part of RL6:PeerReview is that it offers customizable security," said Catherine Lathem, Vice President, Product Management, RL Solutions. "We designed it so users see exactly what they need to, based on their role in the file. So the information available changes, depending on whether a person is a part of the review committee or the subject of the review."
Key features and benefits of RL6:PeerReview
- Help physicians fulfill their focused and ongoing professional practice evaluations, plus extend peer review to other clinicians and employees
- Pull in patient data from an HL7 interface and user data from RL6, reducing the potential for errors
- Attach external files to cases: MRI images, policy and procedure documents, etc.
- Send instant notifications to users invited to reviews, and receive real-time notifications when work is complete or overdue
By standardizing how healthcare organizations perform a root cause analysis, RL6:RootCause helps users can find consistent results and classifiable root cause data. This will help hospitals create trend reports across various departments, sites and locations. "Our products are known for being easy to use and we wanted to apply that mindset to root cause analysis," continued Lathem. "RL6:RootCause helps hospitals keep track of everything going on with an RCA: sending action items to multiple recipients, tracking their progress and follow-up actions, and much more."
Key features and benefits of RL6:RootCause
- Start a root cause analysis from RL6:Risk with just one click
- Unique timeline view lets you flag items for follow-up, build a narrative and capture data to perform a root cause analysis
- Identify frequent modes of failure to help save your organization money
- Uses proven methodology to discover all of the root causes of your adverse events: PROACT®, the Joint Commission and RL6 best practices.
RL Solutions will conduct demonstrations of RL6:PeerReview and RL6:RootCause at booth 401 throughout the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management's (ASHRM) Annual Conference & Exhibition, being held October 27-30, 2013 in Austin, Texas. For more information, visit www.rlsolutions.com.
About RL Solutions
RL Solutions designs innovative healthcare software for patient feedback, incident reporting & risk management, infection surveillance and claims management. At RL Solutions, nurturing long-lasting relationships with our clients is what we do best. RL Solutions has over 1,300 clients, including healthcare networks, hospitals, long-term care facilities and more. RL Solutions is a global company with offices in Canada, the United States, Australia and the UK. For more information, visit www.rlsolutions.com or follow @rlsolutions on Twitter.
Director of Marketing, RL Solutions
416-410-8456 ext. 315